Spey clave

keskiviikko 25. marraskuuta 2015

Twin trip compilation.

Have had so much to do lately I even had no time to write some updates so I have to do a compilation of two trips.
Starting with the weekend two weeks ago Nov.14-15.I came to the shore very early and it still was pitch black.
I like to come out early this time of year  for two reasons.1,have noticed that 15-20 minutes before full daylight have been some kind of a prime time for big guns.
2,days are pretty short,it's pitch black before 5 pm.
Weather was cloudy,still a bit foggy,not wind yet but expected some breeze from south later on,water level on rise big time so conditions was not to blame if we were about to blank.
I went out before my friend arrived and didn't made many casts before my first pike was landed,monkey was of the back so I decided to change to a fly an Irish friend of mine have designed and named to "Shape shifter" (will be introduced in next fly tying post) and made my first cast into a slightly larger pocket on a reed bank and a second later someone attacked the fly with really bad intention,I saw my line moved about 20 meter sideways in no time,no nibbling on the fly.
The fish wasn't the biggest,not was the fight the hardest either but the hit on the fly was probably most brutal I've seen for a long time.


Six or seven casts later I had my second pike from same anchoring online,not a huge but a good one with so beautiful and clear markings I don't see often.
this seem to be a good day,just as I expected.


Also my fishing friend arrived and we continued to fish our way to our planned destination.
The expected wind didn't show up so far and in crystal clear water with a calm surface added to full daylight turned fishing to very slow even if I caught a fish now and then.
We arrived to our planned destination and decided to fish one drift past the reed bank before lunch break.
This is a place were I've seen a lot of breams so I changed my fly to a big 30 cm bream pattern before the drift and landed a lot of pikes.


We were coming to an end of the reed bank when I decided to continue just some meters further just because I thought it looked so good,fished those extra meters before too but without any success,third cast and my fly barely hit the surface before i had a heavy mean hit on it and  minutes after I had one more good one landed,very nice to end this drift like this just before lunch.


It's always nice to take a break with something warm and refreshing to eat but something happen to me on that break.
We fished for about three hours after the break but all I managed to do  was drop six !!! fishes in a row but no complains,+ 20 pikes landed including some nice doubles (low) can't be seen as a disastrous day.

                                                                    Nov.21-22 2015

Three guys in kayaks,except cold weather we had perfect conditions but.....
Only one better fish caught by one of my friend.


Except that one he got one more jack,I got two jacks,broke my reel.
Felt most sorry for my Italian friend who I fished for first time with this year.He blanked and also dropped a rod and reel into sea so we could easily call this day as BAD !!!
                                        

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti