Spey clave

torstai 18. kesäkuuta 2015

Nice day out.Fishing June 17

This summer has been remarkable in two ways,very windy and cold,so even June 17 when I decided to get out no matter what.
Had a day earlier spent many hours just staring out from the window waiting for the wind to calm down...for nothing.
Had some plans to get out early but was so tired and in no hurry so I decided for an hors nap before an 45 min drive.
I arrived to the shore about 8 am,just in time to see the wind increasing....made up some plans where to fish and also a plan B if the wind would be too much.

Sunny but cold only 11 degrees which is cold to be in end of June.Increasing wind from west which has never been my favorite wind.
Anyway,started to paddle against a strong wind with so heavy gusts I barely moved forward at all so I decide to stop on a shelter place which look good but where I of some reason never catch anything,so even today.I decided to bravely challenge the wind and moved forward close to an islet where I had option to fish both shelter and windy side.
After paddling for thirty minutes against a strong wind I was if not exhausted at least very tired so I decided to start on the shelter side after I had have something to eat and drink.

The place were I was about to fish looked good,a reed bank with a shallow area but deeper water just outside the reed,and that deeper area was on my mind today,have found it productive to fish deeper in hard wind,that's why I also decided to go for ordinary hookflies instead of tubes.

Started to fish in slightly deeper area but blanked so I moved a bit to fish closer to the reed and now I found some fishes too,small....very small....but at least the game was on.


Not a day saver as you can see,I caught a lot of these buggers before I decided to go to the windy side  to try my luck.
On this side there's deep water close to the reeds and once again I started a bit out from the bank...nothing,I was a bit confused....moved closer to the reeds but still nothing...decided to change my fly and immediately had a better hit on the fly,and managed to land this fella.


Not many casts later and second fish landed....
Fished this bank very carefully and soon I had a fish which I thought was big,after minutes of a hard battling I managed to land a nice one again.This one gave a hard time and a memory for lifetime.


Feel so good to break the code and for today it seemed to be deep water on windy side and fast retrieving,and of course the right fly which today was a pink/yellow Pike Skinz baitfish pattern.


Caught one more nice one from almost same spot as the one who gave me a good dance.


Even good days come to an end or let's say I decided to stop fishing while it was good,didn't want to ruin this feeling.
stopped on one windy reed bank on my way home and caught one more pike.


I had wind,I had sun,I had rain,I got good old "panda eyes" but most of all I had an awesome day out.

Panda eyes

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti